Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
Art Internships – An Overview
Art can refer to anything from painting, sculpture, printmaking to photography. It is truly a diverse profession in which many people can consider themselves artists. Students who have a strong passion for anything art can choose art as their college major and pursue a career. Art institutions and museums all over the world offer art internships to incorporate new talent in preserve the world of art.
Benefits of Art Internships
Companies Offering Art InternshipsArt internships are not only vital for gaining valuable experience before getting a full-time job but it also grooms you inner creativity. The interns experience flexibility in their thinking and observation power. During the course of art internships, students learn how to visualize an idea, carry it out, implement it and then evaluate its consequences. Such programs develop attitude, intellectual and interpersonal skills that are essential to strive in the present day art industry. It is said that art is a window on human thought and emotion so work experience in such an environment helps discover our hidden talents.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art is one of the largest museums in the world. The museum is based in New York and holds two million artwork collections from all over the world. The Summer Mentoring Program for College Juniors, Summer Internship for College and Graduate Students and Long term Internship are the main programs offered. Interested students may apply year-round for art internships here, so please visit their website for the most current openings.
- The Louvre of Paris is considered the largest, most visited and historic art museums in the world. The museum is the owner of art pieces like Venus de Milo and the Mona Lisa. The museum offers art internship exchange programs occasionally.
- National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C. is a renowned national art museum. This institution offers various art internships. This includes the Museum Profession, Graduate Curatorial Internships, Summer Internships and Unpaid Internships. The summer internship program is a nine week program which introduces interns to broad spectrum of art and museum work.
- Tate Modern is a modern art gallery in London and holds a prominent position in the world of creation. The company is known to be visited by 4.7 million visitors every year. Tate Modern offers art internships to the students to give them valuable insight into the art industry. The application process is online and can be accessed during any time of the year.
- We are all familiar with Van Gogh’s “Starry Night”. The owner of this great piece of art is Musee d’Orsay, a museum situated in Paris. The museum holds a remarkable collection of great names including Monet, Manet, Renoir, Van Gogh and Degas. Musee d’Orsay offers work placements only based on agreements between your school and the museum. To get an opportunity of working at this historic place, you need to stay in touch with your campus’s recruiting department.
- Taiwan’s National Palace Museum is national museum in China. The museum includes 693,507 pieces of antique Chinese artwork. This museum is visited by around 4 million citizens yearly.
You may also be interested in checking out:
By Diane Barlow